Another New Post
Mexican food, I would have to say, is a big weakness of mine, I swear, like I have mentioned before, I could eat Mexican food every day. However, eating out at Mexican restaurants all the time could be quite expensive. So, tonight I am sharing a recipe that not only helps my cravings but helps out my wallet too!
I love fajitas; however, I hate ordering them when we are out. It seems like you pay for more veggies than actual meat. I really do not like that especially when I am paying someone else. That is why I love my fajita recipe. I control the amount of meat and veggies in the dish. Plus, I can control the seasoning as well. I also can control the doneness of the meat. This recipe is big on flavor and is sure to please any Mexican food craving person (like me) that you may know.
Now, on to the recipe!
Beef Fajitas
20 Freezer Meals
The Busy Cooking Momma
The recipe makes ONE gallon size freezer bag.
You will need:
2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into strips
3 bell peppers, cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into strips
2 packages Fajita seasoning
1 to 2 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced (depending on the heat intensity you want)
The Busy Cooking Momma
Printable Recipe HERE
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 8-9 hours on LOW Difficulty: Easy
The recipe makes ONE gallon size freezer bag.
Ingredients:
2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into strips
3 bell peppers, cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into strips
2 packages Fajita seasoning
1 to 2 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced (depending on the heat intensity you want)
Directions:
1. In a gallon size freezer bag, add the meat, onion, bell pepper and seasoning packet.
2. Seal bag and mix ingredients well together.
3. Remove as much air at of the bag as possible. Reseal and freeze.
Cooking Directions:
1. Thaw on refrigerator overnight.
2. Dump in the slow cooker.
3. Cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. You can begin checking meat doneness around the 6 to 6.5 hour mark.
4. serve with your favorite fixings. Enjoy!












0 comments